[Rhodes22-list] Digital Cameras

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:17:28 -0500

Joe,

I don't think there have been any dramatic changes except you get more
pixels and greater zoom for less money. Some also can do short low quality
video and audio.

I just bought my first digital camera, a Fuji Finepix 2800Z. It is under
$400 and has 6X optical zoom, and 3X digital zoom. There were other cameras
in the same price range with more pixels but less optical zoom. Camera is
easy to use for non camera types like myself. It does 1 minute of video and
audio at 10 frames per second and low resolution, very poor quality. I
bought it for stills though and so far pics have been great.

Wally

>From: "Ware, Joseph W." <joseph_ware@merck.com>
>To: "List Rhodes (E-mail)" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
>Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Digital Cameras
>Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:29:20 -0500
>
>With all of the pictures posted y'all must have a great deal of information
>on cameras.  Time to pick one up as a Christmas present for my wife.  I did
>a little looking last year, what's changed?  I want to keep the price limit
>to around $400.  Am I in the ballpark?
>
>Joe
>S/V Whisper

>Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
>information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
>may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
>is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
>message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
>message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
>it.

,

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!