[Rhodes22-list] Project Boat - Free

bigdogben@comcast.net bigdogben@comcast.net
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:42:37 -0500

I saw an ad for a Rhodes 22 for FREE.  I called and found out the boat is in
New Jersey, about 30 miles north of Atlantic City.  The boat was abandoned
at a repair yard about 5 years ago, and the yard wants the boat gone. When I
talked to the yard owner, he said the boat is looks like it's from the 70's
and is on jackstands. There is a mainsail. It needs work, but all the
important parts are there.

I originally was going to try to get the boat myself, but I've run into two
problems:

1.  I haven't been able to beg, borrow, or rent a trailer to haul the boat
back to Maryland; and

2.  There is no title.

I'm not sure what the procedure is on getting a title for an abandoned boat,
so it looks like I'm going to have to abandon this idea.  I'm trying to find
out what I would need to do to get a title and am going to look tomorrow for
a trailer. If I do have to abandon the idea of getting this boat, is anyone
on the list interested in it? If nothing else the boat probably has some
decent parts.

Rich