[Rhodes22-list] battery installation

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 08:13:25 -0800 (PST)

My boat came with a group 27 battery (now dead)
installed in a case on the port side under the
v-berth. I plan to add a second group 27 on the
starboard side for the additional reserve and already
have an off/1/2/both battery switch.  According to the
West Marine catalog the longest positive cable run
without sheaving is 40" which means the port battery
cable should probably be run inside a conduit.
Question:  Where is the best/most common location for
the battery selector.  Inside the head/galley bulkhead
seems a likely spot assuming the non-sit-down type
pee-ers have good/low aim.

Brad Haslett