[Rhodes22-list] Keel rollers

Todd Tavares sprocket80@mail.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:57:03 -0500

Any suggestions?

    I keep my 1974 R22 on an ez-loader roller trailer.  The boat is supported by 4 banks of 8 rollers.  GB's website and Roger stated that the Rhodes 22 is too heavy for this type of trailer.  Roger wrote that much of the weight should be supported on a keel roller (I have none).

   Rummy (I think) posted a pic of his boat on the trailer and how his keel roller is set up.  It looks like the tip of the centerboard is on the roller and does not appear to be supporting much of the load.

   I am guessing that the keel(weight) does not actually roll across this roller, but come to rest on it as the boat is pulled up the ramp and the boat stern rests down on the bunks. Is this assumption correct??

~Should the roller be positioned as close as possible to the boat's fore and aft center of gravity?

~ Will putting weight on the cb and rolling across this roller cause damage to the centerboard or it's pivot?

~ What should I do until I can design and fabricate some mounting brackets and install bunkboards in place of the rollers?

  Any answers? Suggestions(short of buying a Uni-matic :^D)? Help?

Todd

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup