[Rhodes22-list] Keel rollers

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:24:18 -0600

Todd,

My boat sits on the bunks, period. The keel roller on the normal
Trailmaster/triad trailer only comes into play during the loading process.
The roller lifts the centerboard as the boat comes into the trailer. Once
the boat is loaded, the centerboard should no longer touch anything. It
should be pulled up to hang from its lifting line so there is no chance
that it can come in contact with the axle while towing.

I don't know if 32 rollers is enough to safely hold the boat or not. Are
you seeing any depressions in the hull where the rollers come in contact
with it now???

Yes, Roger has a keel roller(s). He has built/modified this trailer himself
and has had good luck with it. I don't know how much of the boats weight
sits on this set of roller though. It does not though, resemble the
trailmaster/triad trailer. If you want to do something like Roger has, you
would have to get together with him to get the exact measurements, etc to
do this.

Rik