Cookbooks (was Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cooking)

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:02:27 -0500

Roger,

Thanks for the details. My dutch oven is very heavy and I will save it for
home use, but the BackPacker sounds interesting. I know what you mean about
cooking with these type devices. It does take some practice but like I said
I have had my Coleman Oven for almost 20 years, you just need to check
often. The Coleman Oven doesn't distribute heat that evenly. If it is cold
and windy outside it makes things even trickier. I think it takes up to much
room when when in use to be practical on the boat.

Another thing I am considering is a small pressure cooker. I have a large
one at home and we use often. I can make a Pot Roast  in 45 minutes that
will make my GrandMa jealous. It also makes BBQ Pork or ribs in under an
hour total time. Not as good as when I smoke the Pork for 12 hours at home
but it is quick and easy.

I do at least half the cooking at home and all of the cooking when we camp
or cruise. In another life I ran a restaurant for many years, I don't miss
it but I learned a lot about cooking.

Wally