[Rhodes22-list] u p s sail revisited

SVTRITON@aol.com SVTRITON@aol.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:56:05 EST

hi jay
mark kaynor emailed that he would post the pictures...if they are not to your
satisfaction let me know and ill send you a set...as for boat
modifications..stan made those and there are three...first a pad eye aft of
the genny and a snap shackle to connect it to the harken furler, second a
halyard restrainer on the mast and third a block on the deck to lead the
halyard aft...note that this last modification will probably differ depending
on the current set up of the mast...my boat is a 2002 and this is all that
was needed...the furling gear comes with the sail or can be purchased
directly from harken on line...its item no. 3029...i paid 238.35 at
harkenstore.com....as for quantity discount...all i can say is two
things..first when i told stan i wanted the sail i was told to get it on my
own..i dont know if stan didnt want to do it or doyle offshore didnt want to
do it but i went to doyle long island in huntington and they did and
excellent job.....second i had doyle offshore make my 150..(i dont use a
175)..and am not pleased with the workmanship and may have it recut during
the offseason if i cant get it right in these last weeks of the season here
in maryland....thats with them charging me 250 over the cost of the standard
175...(its a biradial with nonstandard fabric)....perhaps with stan sitting
on them with this special order they will improve the quality but  i would
want some workmanship guarantee and quick turnaround on on returns because i
have a feeling there might be some...all doyle lofts are independently owned
and are not the same...even though the information they have is the
same...the specifications for this sail were developed between doyle long
island and me and they will differ for each boat depending on where you wish
to set your sheet blocks.....i was sent a sheet of measurements that were
needed which im sure would be available to all lofts or i can send them to
you but again these may change depending on the location of your blocks
if you need anything else let me know
tom