[Rhodes22-list] lightning protection

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:18:17 -0800 (PST)

Wally, my plan is to treat lightning the same way I
treat wind shear; avoidance, avoidance, avoidance.
But, even though we preach wind shear avoidance at all
costs we train for wind shear encounters anyway.  I
think having some kind of "hip pocket plan", even if
its a weak one is better than none at all.  I like the
StrikeShield product just not the cost.  If a simple
and quick means of attaching to the mast can be found
the rest of the hardware is cheap and easily
available.  I can still remember being in an aluminum
canoe with my boys while trees were cracking all
around us.  My oldest asked, "what's the plan Dad?"
"Pray this isn't your day to die!", is all I could
come up with.  Brad.

=== message truncated ===