[Rhodes22-list] V-berth flotation

Dennis J Sitler rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 19:48:38 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C25770.B9FFD4E0

Todd I am probably the one you are speaking of. I have a 1974 model =
Rhodes like you. I got my foam from Tapplastics at www.tapplastics.com. =
I used (2) 2 gallon kits to fill my v-berth. I have modified my v-berth =
section and it is about 4" lower than original, but I filled the entire =
area so that should be enough for you. Read the directions carefully, =
when this stuff kicks it really expands fast, so leave space in the top =
of your mixing container. I experianced this the hard way. I have =
pictures of the work on my boat but they are photographs. I'm not a =
computer guru like some on the list but I would share them with you by =
mail. As Roger says defender has foam and so does Jamestown Dist. at =
www.jamestowndistributors.com and they also have a lot of hardware and =
fasteners for working on boats. Good luck on your rebuild, mine's =
driving me crazy.

Denny,
1974 R22 Gossamer Wing
Berwick, PA
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Toad the Wet Sprocket=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 2:14 PM
  Subject: [Rhodes22-list] V-berth flotation

  All,

       Recently I read about someone with a boat about the same year as =
mine (1974) that did not contain, or it had been removed, the foam =
flotation under the v-berth.  I can not remember where I was reading it =
or must have deleted the e-mail without copying it to my files.

       Someone (I think it was Roger) posted a suggestion for expanding =
foam to be used to fill this area.  Can anyone help with a suggestion?

  Todd

-----

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C25770.B9FFD4E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Todd I am probably the one you are =
speaking of. I=20
have a 1974 model Rhodes like you. I got my foam from Tapplastics at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tapplastics.com">www.tapplastics.com</A>. I used (2) =
2 gallon=20
kits to fill my v-berth. I have modified my v-berth section and it is =
about 4"=20
lower than original, but I filled the entire area so that should be =
enough for=20
you. Read the directions carefully, when this stuff kicks it really =
expands=20
fast, so leave space in the top of your mixing container. I experianced =
this the=20
hard way. I have pictures of the work on my boat but they are =
photographs. I'm=20
not a computer guru like some on the list but I would share them with =
you by=20
mail. As Roger says defender has foam and so does Jamestown Dist. at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.jamestowndistributors.com">www.jamestowndistributors.c=
om</A>=20
and they also have a lot of hardware and fasteners for working on boats. =
Good=20
luck on your rebuild, mine's driving me crazy.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Denny,<BR>1974 R22 Gossamer Wing<BR>Berwick, PA</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dsprocket80@hotmail.com =
href=3D"mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com">Toad the=20
  Wet Sprocket</A> </DIV>
title=3Drhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</A>=
 </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, September 07, =
2002 2:14=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Rhodes22-list] =
V-berth=20
  flotation</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P>All,</P>
  <P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Recently I read about someone with a boat =
about=20
  the same year as mine (1974) that did not contain, or it had been =
removed, the=20
  foam flotation under the v-berth.&nbsp; I can not remember where I was =
reading=20
  it or must have deleted the e-mail without copying it to my files.</P>
  <P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Someone (I think it was Roger) posted a =
suggestion=20
  for expanding foam to be used to fill this area.&nbsp; Can anyone help =
with a=20
  suggestion?</P>
  <P>&nbsp;</P>
  <P>Todd</P></DIV></DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <A=20
  href=3D"http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c152??PI=3D44364">Click=20
Here</A><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C25770.B9FFD4E0--