[Rhodes22-list] centerboard issues

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 19:34:47 EST 2003

Todd and Frank,

I purchased a CB from Stan for my '84 R22 which came with a broken one.   Evidently the older boards tend to break when stuck in the mud and side loaded.  Stan sent a sketch of his CB tackle and I want to pass on to you one bit of info not included in your section sketch that Stan mentioned.

Except for the detail at the aft end where the line enters the pipe, your drawing exactly matches Stan's sketch.  Stan suggests either a turning rod or a sheave at this location.  Perhaps a halyard block, like Shaefer part # 200-31  http://www.schaefermarine.com/hardware.asp mounted on a right angle by the hose feed  would work there.

Todd, are you still working on a trailer?  I have an unloaded 2003 Triad in the yard, as the Rhodes is on shoring supports awaiting bottom work.  Please let me know if you need anything measured or photoed.

Fair winds,

PT
s/v Phoenix