[Rhodes22-list] Jerry's leak

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 00:50:24 EST 2003

Jerry,

I'm with Rik here.  PUT THE DRILL DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE SAILBOAT!!!
8-)   8-)  That'll only open up another can o' worms you don't need.  A
small amount of water in the bilge won't hurt anything even if it does
freeze.  A leak at the rub rail is fairly common and not too hard to fix.
As Rik suggested, it could also be rain leaking from the topside deck
somewhere.  In either case, if the boat is now up on the hard, no further
damage should be expected if you cover the boat with a tarp.  Start by
checking your rub rail if that's where you see water coming in when you're
"X-sailing", (a term most of us now associate with Rummy) and go from there.
Keep us posted.

Slim