[Rhodes22-list] Drain the bilge/ keel.

Ralph Zeto ralphzeto at msn.com
Thu Nov 6 08:29:35 EST 2003

   Jerry,

   Don't drill! Just dump a gallon of Anti-Freeze in to the bilge for
   winter storage. It works for me, in Upstate New York.

   Ralf, Albany NY

   From: Rik Sandberg
   To: cjlowe ,The Rhodes 22 mail list
   Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Drain the bilge/ keel.
   Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:14:26 -0600
   Jerry,
   Hold up there. I wouldn't go drilling any holes in my boat over a cup
   of
   water. Just dry up the water that's there. If it's below freezing
   outside,
   there isn't going to be any more water running anywhere, including
   into your
   boat. Maybe you want to cover the boat with a tarp, so when it does
   warm up
   and rain again your leak won't be an issue. I'm assuming that your
   leak is a
   rain water leak coming from up on the deck somewhere.
   Rik
   On 11/05/2003 07:42 pm, you wrote:
   > Due to a slow leak,( as yet , undetermined ),I've had to suck a cup
   of
   > water a week out of my bilge,with a turkey baster..The boat is in my
   > driveway now,and it is going to get below freezing this weekend. Am
   I going
   > to have to drill a hole in the keel to protect against
   frost/freezing
   > damage? And just where do I drill this hole?Any thoughts and
   insights
   > welcome. thanks , Jerry Lowe

   [1]MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search...