[Rhodes22-list] Keys Trip

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 21:52:11 EST 2003

Bill & Others,
Thank you for your post.  I had already decided that Coconut Grove was the
ideal launching point and your information about the public launch area,
slips and restaurant sounds great and clinches it.

The trip from Miami to Key West and back is an idea that I have had for a
while but have never done it before so really don't know any details.  I've
gone to the west coast of Florida a couple times, but this trip would be
much longer.  I do know what it's like to trailer the boat 600 miles each
way.

The best time to make this cruise is supposed to be Jan-April (according to
Papy's crusing guide) so I am thinking two of the first three weeks in
March, but February would work too.  When are you going?  It might help to
go with someone who is familiar with the area, but if not, we can wing it.
Do you think two weeks is long enough for this trip?  It seems to me to be
borderline when you include two days (minimum) of trailering.  Also it looks
like to trip from Marathon to Key West should be taken on the ocean side in
either direction - is that your experience?

In any case, it would be fun to get a group of Rhodies to do this next Feb
or March.

Rumster - thanks for bringing this up!
Bob K
s/v Yankee Clipper