[Rhodes22-list] steadicam

Lou at HOME lsr3 at nyu.edu
Sat Nov 8 22:05:54 EST 2003

Rummy,
   A steadicam is the device we use to smooth out the bumps life
throws at us camera persons while we are trying to keep the talent in
the frame !
  Fo r  more info if you have time go to: Tiffen.com  follow all the
links to the Steadicam part of their site to view different models.
  Basically its a camera stabilizer that removes the shaking of hand
holding the camera and allows the cameras mass to be manipulated
easily.  Stairs, going on and off cranes, moving platforms but not
sailboats or helicopters.
   thanks for the inquiry..
  Lou