[Rhodes22-list] steadicam

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 03:30:59 EST 2003

Hey Lou,

I remember watching a documentary of the steadicam, and they showed that one
of the earliest steadicam scenes filmed in the movies was that famous scene
in "The Shining" when Jack Nicholson was chasing the little boy through the
snowy maze.  That was all shot with an early version of the steadicam.
True?  It was pretty cutting edge for the time.  Don't they have gyros or
something?

What kind of stuff do you shoot?

Slim