[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Key West

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Nov 9 08:20:09 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: alex bell
To: Bill Effros
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 2:43 AM
Subject: Key West

Bill,

Sorry to respond so late, and I must clarify something. Last year I
tried to get some interest up for this activity. I was bombarded by
everyone with "but we have children in school" and "why not wait till
spring break" comments and the thing died an early death. I don't have
kids, and the flowers are starting to come out in April, and every
school system had a different schedule for spring break, so what was the
point. Seemed that a bunch of folks didn't see how they could go and
didn't want any of the rest of us to go and talk about it. I got
slightly irritated.

The result is that while I am not the least bit interested in making a
trip to the Keys this year, I decided to stir the pot. I think I will
make this an annual event until maybe someone decides that it really is
worth doing. This year I am in the midst of graduating from having a
"future x-wife" to an x-wife. So it is doubtful that I could get to Key
West on a "go to Key West free pass".

Maybe next year things might drop into place. I plan on relocating to a
more warm climate with extended sailing season. I live in Cincinnati.
What part of the country are you located in?

See you later,

Alex Bell