[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Florida Keys

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Nov 9 08:21:58 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert J Quinn
To: rhodes-list at sailnet.com
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 9:00 PM
Subject: Florida Keys

Frank Papy of Coastal Cruising has a "Cruising Guide to the Florida Keys"
which lays out a good plan to handle the Keys.  I have not computed the run
from Coconut Grove to Key West and back but if you are going to play along
the way, a couple of weeks at least.  Kathy and I have done a few stints in
the Keys but have never attempted the full run - desire, yes - time, no.  We
like the wake up, sail, snorkel to exhaustion, sail, sleep, and wake up,
sail... routine.

It is a great place - the Keys - but to try to do it all in a week would be
a mistake.  The route to enjoyment of the Keys is by boat and slow.  Spring
(Winter very expensive if not on your boat) or Fall best - August and early
September the pits - so hot, humid, and buggy it'll suck your breath.

Bob and Kathy on the "NoKaOi"