[Rhodes22-list] Key West and Bill's barage.....

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 10 20:00:28 EST 2003

Ed:    I have not pulled the chart for nautical miles but land miles the run
from Coconut Grove to Marathon is 106 miles.  Boot Key Harbor is the marina,
anchoring and mooring area most folks hear about.  There are several
marinas such as Sombrero Resort and Lighthouse Marina (dated material here
from Frank Papy's 9th edition) in the Boot Key Harbor area.

You have about 48 miles or so from Marathon to Key west.  You also have to
make the decision here as to whether to go on the Gulf side or the Ocean
side.

I was surprised to see that Frank outlines two 14 day round trip cruises
from Miami to Key West and back.  I would consider this a marathon sail for
an R22.  We are planning a run from Marco Island to Ft. Jefferson and then a
run from Ft. Jefferson to Key West and on up the chain to Marathon, Key
Largo, Miami, to Stuart.  We are thinking at least two weeks from Key West
to Stuart.  But we also plan to linger and do some serious snorkeling along
the way.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"