[Rhodes22-list] Replacing IMF Mainsail

David Keyes dkeyes at houston.rr.com
Mon Nov 10 21:52:15 EST 2003

Thanks, Rummy

When I posted my follow-up questions a few minutes ago, I had not yet seen
your answer below.  Your answer gives me a good idea of what is involved.
If the cost permits, I may get a new sail and send the old one off to repair
and to use as a back-up.

When the IMF jammed, I did try raising and lowering the boom.  When I have
things apart, I will see if I can find what might have caused the problem.
Right now, the IMF is working fine again.  The biggest lesson I learned is
that if anyone has to leave an IMF sail out due to jamming, secure the sail
VERY carefully to prevent the wind/spreader damage to the sail that I
sustained even after I thought that I did have the sail secure (but only as
high up as I could reach).

David