[Rhodes22-list] Southern Sailing

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 06:12:49 EST 2003

Slim,
Don't feel so bad. We actually have winter down here too. It starts around
the first of January and ends by the first of March. We sometimes get freezing
temps, but the daytime warms up nicely into the forties or fifties. We get one
or two snowstorms each year, but the worst of it is the ice storms which can
take the power out for days at a time. It's very unlike the neverending winters
up north. By the first of March we're already warming back up into the
sixties and seventies. The Lakes never freeze and I've had the same snow shovel for
twelve years....they don't wear out. Snow tires are unheard of and snow plows
are even more scarce.

Rummy