[Rhodes22-list] smooth bottoms

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 06:09:23 EST 2003

Jim
Its more like this.  Without wax, the water is not
running off.  Actually, there is a layer of water all
over the car.  Even when the car is moving, the water
is layered on the car.  This layer of water creates
drag when the car is trying to slice thru the wind.

Waxed Car, the water is beading up but NOT sticking to
the car.  When the car is moving, the water run off
without ever adhearing to the car.  The the wind hits
the beads of water, it can easily push them out of the
way, creating less drag.

The wet sanding is good to get the inperfections out
of the hull.  However, I would follow up with some
Polish with Tefron additive.  It will increase your
speed.
Steve