[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] Politics on the list.

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Wed Nov 26 10:46:29 EST 2003

Fred,

  There is just such a list.  It is the Rhodes owners list on Sailnet (the
parent of this list, actually).  It receives about one or two posts a month
because all of the principals are over here.  In short, we've done the
experiment.  Without the banter there isn't enough motivation or activity to
sustain a community.  Sometimes we all get mad about something, but overall
the benefits of this community far outweigh the costs. Of course, many of us
monitor the other list because we feel a debt of gratitude to the Boyles for
getting us together in the first place.  Still, there is almost no activity
on it these days.

my 2 cents.

--Doug Gardner
s/v Fretnaught