[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] Politics on the list.

FredkLange at aol.com FredkLange at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 15:19:20 EST 2003

Todd,

No offense taken.  I started with SailNet and still subscribe.  But I thought
the switch to the current service was mainly for technical improvements,
especially with regard to message attachments and links which are much cleaner on
this list.

It seems to me 99% of the off-topic stuff is reposts from popular joke lists
anyway.  My sense of humor is probably as perverted as anyone on this list, so
I enjoy most of them.  But I also get many of them from other sources, so I
don't need to read them again on this list.  Anyone who only looks to this list
to satisfy an appetite for jokes ought to Google around a bit.

In posting content not relevant to the title of this list, realize that not
every subscriber enjoys the use of a private email account.  Do we really want
to embarrass or offend members who use family or employer accounts?

It once happened to me.  Early on I had this list sent to my employer
account.  It wasn't long before the content scanner picked up on some of the language
which I suspect was in a repost.

So again I ask that we either stick to our topic (which could be easily done
by not reposting) or change the name of the list to clearly reflect what we
want to talk about.

Fred