[Rhodes22-list] Slim's music

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Thu Nov 27 13:35:57 EST 2003

Slim,

   Can I show this post to my kids?   Both play horns.  1 trumpet and 1 sax.

 My older son -age 13- plays the sax, but deep down he's not the creative musical type. He has what my wife calls an "old sole" and is wise beyond his years. He said to me the other day, "Dad,  I like playing the saxaphone, but I don't think I can make alot of money at it...and I want to make ALOT of money."

  My younger son -11- plays the trumpet....constantly.  He is the one that may pursue a music career (and we encourage him too).  He is already writing music and making up his own (songs?), any playing along with every commercial jingle on TV  lol.

  Which ever way each of them goes, they both look for getting into the marching band a college...so they can go to all of the football games free. And right now they want to attend the University of Maryland!  Go Terps! LOL

Todd

P.S.  Sorry if I have offended anyone for cheering for UMD and possibly violating the charter  :-{D  I wish we WERE all sitting around in a bar... and no, I don't want to know what's in my sausage.