[Rhodes22-list] Oxidation of hull gelcoat color

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 16:44:35 EST 2003

If your currently don't look like Popeye, you will be when you're done with
this procedure. RumRunner had the same proplem with her otherwise gorgeous hull
this spring after having much work done to her bottom. I used a three step
procedure using McGuire's products. I started off with the #49, heavy duty
oxidation remover with a wool superbuff compound pad on a 1/2" electric variable
speed drill. After that I used #45 and then finished off with #56 which is
almost pure carnuba wax. She looks great six months later. The trick is to be sure
to use the oxidation remover (I used it twice) to get rid of the white stuff
and be sure to follow thru with all three steps.
I wasn't kidding about looking like Popeye when you're done, this is really
hard on the arms, especially near the bow where you are holding the drill at or
above you eye level.
Good luck and have plenty of rum on hand for the pain. I am available for any
further questions regarding this procedure as I am a certified sore arm
professional. CSAP

Rummy