[Rhodes22-list] Blue Loon on Lake Superior

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Mon Aug 2 22:50:51 EDT 2004

Slim,
That was so much fun on Saturday and sailing up the channel was a hoot! Dan
was actually getting a workout from all those fast tacks! Mitch didn't think
we'd make it until you showed him the path - he said peer pressure got the
best of him.

Yes, we went back out with the dog and dinner. Got all tucked away in the
bay in about 2.5 feet of water. The mosquitoes started swarming at dusk but
the pop-top enclosure saved our blood. We had dinner on board and listened
to the weather. When they announced that both Carver and Hennepin were in a
tornado watch until 10pm and a severe thunderstorm watch till 3am, we
decided to bail out. The power boats all made the same decision - one big
exodus. We went back to the dock in a major downpour but it had been so hot
that it was actually refreshing. I think we made it back in about 11pm.

The dog did fine but we didn't have to get him ashore from the boat. He
likes to stick his head out at the bottom side of the pop-top enclosure -
looks kind of funny seeing this big, black nose poking out.

I think we're going to be back out on Wednesday night for a dinner cruise if
the weather cooperates and we should be out again this weekend. I'll try to
remember the bread the next time....
Julie