[Rhodes22-list] Re: HELP!! CB trunk has delaminated!

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:29:52 EST 2004

>Roger,

   I want to take pics of my board which is now in my basement after
remeasuring its width. I will try to post them tonight.  Thanks for
all your help!  The background on cement tech is invaluable always !
   What I plan to do right now is to take ALL the caked paint off the
board all the way down to the glass and repaint.  After that
procedure I will mount my new sheaves on the new SS mounts I am
making for them then take the board with out the cap to the boat and
see how it fits.   I would rather REBUILD another slightly narrower,
more dense board than do the rebuild on the trunk.  I now realize
that a sawsall on just one side of the trunk might give me enough
room and then all I have to do is re seal and re glass the trunk but
that is still alot of work compared to doing just the board.
   My initial measurements on the trunk told me that I only needed
about 1/16" more clearance total to make the board move freely.
  I have also thought about adding a emergency release on the top of
the cap . Basically a spring loaded  rod attached with a rubber piece
that contacted the back of the board that would help it release if
it got stuck during the season. What do you think of that idea?

more info later,
Lou