[Rhodes22-list] Boat for sale - wait a minute!

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jan 21 13:35:29 EST 2004

Bill Effros wrote:
> Michael,
> Most of my friends who purchased larger boats to
> accommodate their families found themselves alone
> in floating tubs wishing they still had the boats
> they loved.

Echo.
I've also witnessed the up, out, and regret progression.
New boats are to be approached with caution usually
reserved for tigers and mistresses.

Children come and go.  Mostly go.  And go fast.  As soon
as they are mobile, sailing is not likely to be their
speed, not until wisdom begins to set in.

But some do learn to love the way of the wind and water
early in life.

So ask yourself:

*  "How often will the whole family sail with me?"
Really?  Will a bigger boat solve enuf of the safety
and comfort issues to make a _major_ difference?

*  "How often do I want the whole family to sail with me?"
How about those days when you just don't want to hear
crying, fighting, or incessant chatter?

*  "What do I love about the boat I have?"  Michael,
you spent years learning what it takes to perfect a Rhodes
22.  You have put your thought and wallet into one of the
most highly evolved Rhodes 22s in existence.  Now it's
just shaken down.  What will it take to get a new boat
to that point?

In any case, good luck.  You obviously have the smarts
and the money - but the best decisions come from the
heart, and only you can see in there.

Your fans await the next chapter in the MJM New Boat
saga.

/Bob Skinner