[Rhodes22-list] Was Bullshit now pissing contest.

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 07:24:10 EST 2004

Rummy
Roger is off on this but I think he not factoring in a
few things.  He has a full batten mainsail & has
rebuilt his masthead.  Also, he didn't note how I was
saying to keep the genona flat & very tight & not to
dump wind for it in a gust.  Just keep it pulling even
if the boat rounds up.  Also, he didn't note my
comments on letting the mainsail backwind if needed.
I doute that his full batten mainsail would allow for
backwinding so I think that is why he is having to put
reef in his main at lower wind speed. Also, he didn't
note my comment on adjusting the genona car lead
further aft thus allowing the genona to spill wind at
the top.  These things allow up to sail with more
canvas in heaver winds.
Steve