[Rhodes22-list] Attention Julie's need E.E.

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Thu May 6 07:32:47 EDT 2004

Ed,
Yes we have a multi-meter along with numerous other toys, er tools. Our
biggest challenge is finding out what runs to what so we can re-wire some of
it. There is alot of corrosion and we've had intermittent problems with the
bow and stern lights flickering off (and sometimes staying off). We tend to
do alot of evening sailing when the winds are steady and the crazies are off
the lake. We are also adding a deck/mast light so we're legal when were
sailing at night.

We compounded the problem early on by cutting the wrong wire and disabling
the solar panel - and of course it pulled back into the hull. With Stan's
advice we were able to snare it last night with the use of a little mirror
and expanding the gap between the deck and the hull joins.

As you know, the Rhodes isn't a huge boat which means there is a lot of
stuff crammed into small spaces - I'm beginning to think that you must have
to be 4'5" or shorter to work effectively on this boat - and neither my
husband or I qualify.

We'll get there, it's just a learning process along the way.
Julie