[Rhodes22-list] Lou Tangs are attachie gadgechies

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu May 6 21:49:00 EDT 2004

Lou,
	Some Rhodes have more than one tang.  It depends on how they were
made.  My boat has a tang at the end of the boom (that is the end away from
the mast)(as described by Roger).  It is a flat metal piece that has holes
(at least two sometimes many).  A screw goes thru one end and attaches it to
the boom.  My boom topping lift attaches to the other end with a knot.
	My boat also has a tang on the bow.  Several bolts attach it to the
very front of the boat and it bends over the lip of the bow at an angle back
toward the mast.  The bottom of my furler attaches to it with a clevis pin.
	And if we looked around, we would find more because it is a common
piece of hardware on sailboats.  On many sailboats they are used as the base
of a chain plate.  It is an attachie gadgechie.
                   Ed K