[Rhodes22-list] Inside Window Trim

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Fri May 7 19:34:03 EDT 2004

Bob,

The last number of the part number is the spigot depth of the "RainDrain"
port: 10 = 1" , 20 = 2"

The forward facing opening ports require a 2" spigot depth.  These at the
R22 cabin front angle will not completely drain -- thus the canvas covers so
many R22s have there.

The 10 ports are for the rear cabin house (just like Roger's)

The wall thickness is, therefor, less than two inches at the front and less
than 1" at the rear.  If you find Roger's write up, it's all there.

PT

thanks for that update.

Do you know how much empty space there is between the inner liner and
outside shell?

Bob

>>> pthorn at nc.rr.com 05/07/04 03:05PM >>>
Bob,

Roger has written some about this on the website, I think.

Also, I'm getting ready to order new windows for Phoenix from Beckson.
These are the part numbers:

      Beckson  PO-512-DBS-20
      Beckson  PO-512-DBS-10
      Beckson  PF-512-BS-10-R

      Check with the Beckson online catalog to make sure that they're
exactly what you want/need.  (I want opening ports on the forward two and
aft most in the cabin.)

      The new units have both inside and outside trim escutcheons included.
They are much better than the '84 OEM.  Also, the Beckson installation
instructions are very detailed and must be followed precisely.

      Defender has best price so far.

      Fair winds,

      PT