[Rhodes22-list] Remote Motor Control

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon May 10 14:32:41 EDT 2004

I have a Tohatsu remote, clamp-mounted on the stern rail.  I remove it when I remove the motor.  Use expensive cables--they work better in the tight turns required on small boats.  The remote is directly under my left hand on the port side, completely out of the way when not in use--just above the drink holder.  The cables are in the channels of the seats under the cushions.  I sit in my captain's seat.  I steer with my right hand.  I drink and operate the throttle and shift mechanism with my left hand.  I'm the master of a very small universe.

Bill Effros