[Rhodes22-list] Remote Motor Control

Rafe rafe00 at ameritech.net
Thu May 13 09:38:12 EDT 2004

We have the Nisson 9.8 2 stroke electric start with a remote control connected the same way. I find this setup very convenient.  I can completely control the motor from inside the boat.  I put the remote in myself.  Just use a piece of plywood for backing inside the laz.

A couple of times the motor has been knocked out of gear, but it has never been a problem.  Let me know if you need pictures.

When we picked our boat up, I asked Stan about ideas for connecting the remote and he showed me a few boats he had in the yard.  For me this is was the best solution, but some people don't like the handle being permanently mounted.  There is another similar solution that lets you take the remote in and out of the laz as needed.  The idea is basically that you mount the remote to a piece of wood with a connecting that fits into the same place as the table.  I am not sure of all the details, but probably someone on the list has this setup and can describe more details.

Rafe
1988 Rhodes22 - "Roo"

Ronald Lipton <rlipton at earthlink.net> wrote:
The remote control is mounted on the forward wall of the rear lazarette.
There is a woden backing board and the cables are then fed back through
the laz to the engine through one of those rubber seals. The setup is
reasonably convenient - although on occasion I have bumped the throttle
lever when moving around the cockpit. I can take a picture next
weekend if you would like.

Ron