[Rhodes22-list] Finding A Used Rhodes 22

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed May 12 07:11:07 EDT 2004

Ashley,

Although the Rhodes 22 has been in production since about 1969, the boat has
never been produced in large numbers - like no more than about one boat per
week max.  Thus, you are searching for a fairly rare item.  Back in 1987, I
looked for about a year in the newspaper classifieds & trade journals before
I found Dynamic Equilibrium, a 1976 Rhodes 22.

It turns out the GBI factory has a program for "recycling" boats & is one of
the best sources for a previously owned Rhodes 22.  This is especially true
if you are looking for a boat that can be sailed right away, not a "project
boat".  Therefore, have you tried contacting General Boats?

http://www.rhodes22.com

General Boats
114 Midway Drive
Edenton, NC, 27932, USA
Phone:  252-482-4372
FAX:  252-482-0203
Email:  wwrhodes at rhodes22.com

Buying from GBI also has the advantage that the boat will have been
inspected and repaired by the folks who are the most knowledgable re these
vessels.  Depending upon the model year and condition, you may get a factory
warranty.  You will also get the chance to upgrade your Rhodes 22 with many
of the latest and greatest options from the new boats.  Give Stan, Elton, &
Rose Spitzer a call.  They are utterly trustworthy & wonderful folks to work
with!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium