[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes22-list Digest, Vol 459, Issue 1

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 10:17:12 EDT 2004

I spent a good deal of time searching the various used boat web
sites and finally found my boat (in Connecticut) during an owl
shift when I had nothing to do but browse the web.  I then picked
it up and trailered it (using a U haul) to Chicago, which is where
the original owner kept the boat before being transferred. The owners
were not very anxious about selling and advertised in a obscure
web site.

The point is these boats are not easy to find.  My boat was a good deal but
had
a number of problems that a recycled boat would not have.  In particular
the trailer fell apart piece by piece as it crossed the country.
The only thing holding the bunk on the trailer turned out to be the boat -
the bunk fell off after the boat was launched. This is in spite of my having
the trailer inspected by a local Connecticut boatyard as a condition of
purchase.

So what do you have against trailering to Chicago?

Ron