[Rhodes22-list] We have water!

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Sat May 15 17:19:35 EDT 2004

This morning's trip was productive and we now have water! - a slip, that is,
waiting for the gnomes of Edenton to issue forth the product of their
labors.

We will be based out of Deale, MD (south of Annapolis on the Eastern side of
the Chesapeake).  I believe that Lloyd Crowther, at the mouth of the South
River, is the nearest "Rhodie" to me.  Hi, Lloyd!

I am amazed at the difficulty in finding a slip on this part of the
Chesapeake Bay, despite the fact that I started looking a little late for
the sailing season.  A dockmaster told me that many individuals and marinas
have yet to repair or replace all the slips damaged by hurricane Isabel,
causing a record-breaking shortage of dockage this year (this must put a
smile on the faces of those Rhodies who trailer).

Fair winds!
--Doug