[Rhodes22-list] We have water!

David Scofield Scofamily at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 17 17:59:28 EDT 2004

Hi Doug -
I'm glad you found a slip in Deale even though it is a popular day charter
fishing town, especially around the Happy Harbour Inn, an institution there
since the 1930's. The Herring Bay area should provide some good sailing, but
as anywhere in the shallow areas of the Bay, watch out for the crab pots.
We are not too far from you in Galesville, MD on the West River (about 15 -
20 minutes by car) and often go down to Deale to get stuff at the West
Marine and/or hit Skippers for their hot steamed crabs.
This will be our 6th year at Pirates Cove Marina where we have had a Mac26X
and our current R22 (1988 Recycled in 2003) for about 3 years each.  We will
eventually be pulling into Slip #81 and look forward to another season.
Also, I see that we have another R22, new at the marina, berthed in Slip #7.
It is a fine looking older boat and since Pirates Cove has Wednesday Night
"Beer Can Races" maybe we can get a fleet going!
Anyway, its great that we now have 4 R22's or more between South River and
Deale.

Best Regards to all the Rhodies and Good Sailing!

Dave and Teresa Scofield 1988 R22