[Rhodes22-list] Toys for Rhodes

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Mon May 17 00:12:14 EDT 2004

I think Rodger got most of it. my order might be a little different.

1)a working anchor system rated for 40+ knot.
2)good set of flashlights and a high powered spot light.
3)bulkhead compass, with backlighting, readable form the tiller, contest 130 comes to mind,
4)fixed mount vhf, with mast top antenna for range, tri-watch for weather warnings.
5)simple gps with a "simple" map showing land outline and buoys (do not need full e-charting)
6)the chartbook/chartkit for the area, along with rule/dividers/pencils
7)the ray60 tridata, depth/speed/log
8)good set on low light bonociters, extra credit for the Nikon 7x50 with compass, some of the stabilized one are nice but pricy
9)handheld vhf that works on AA,

10 spares, firstaid, toolkit, fule line parts, spare lines and rigging, duct tape, wd40 :-)