[Rhodes22-list] Marlinspike seamanship

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Mon May 17 09:51:19 EDT 2004

10% off.....:)

>>> Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM 05/17/04 08:48AM >>>
I walked into Boaters World in Knoxville, Tn and the sales person gave me the same answer re:Fid.
However the manager overheard our conversation and dug out the last dust covered Fid kit. Also gave me 0% off. So Marlinspike is not dead, just lying there very still.

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> R22RumRunner at aol.com 05/16/04 09:51PM >>>
Doug,
Not many people splice their own lines anymore, but I own several fids. In
fact, when I lived In Wisconsin I used to get calls from ski resorts to splice
ropes for their few remaining rope tows.

Rummy