[Rhodes22-list] Internal (transmit through Fiberglass) vs. through hull depth transducers

Ashley Gates alumicarus at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 22:59:03 EDT 2004

Hello,
I am vasilating(sp?) between a R22 and a T22 (tanzer)
(Note: any feedback on the T22 much appreciated)
I would prefer a R22 but this T22 is fully loaded, in imaculate cond. and around $3K
Can't find a rhodes like this....

Back to the subject, regardless of boat, I am reading some expertise on depth transducers.
I have seen several transducers that are epoxied into the v section under the berth.
They are NOT through Hull, they transmit through the fiberglass..

Does anyone know how how accurate these are ?
Seems like a pipe dream that they work at all..

All input appreciated
Ashley

P.s. Ed K.
Gettin' Excited -G.E. called for followup Phone interview.. would love to hit Lake Hartwell,
I hope you will wave back to a fellow sailer even if it is only a Tanzer.. :-)