[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Mon May 24 14:01:42 EDT 2004

Bill,

And I thought that I was being conservative with only two anchors.  I will
take my hat off to your 6 or 7 aboard!

Do I understand you correctly that my planned 15' of 1/4" chain may be too
light in weight to function optimally if I get an aluminum Fortress anchor
and that I should go for the full 22 feet?  The ability to disassemble the
Fortress is attractive.

I was thinking of the Fortress as the eventual primary anchor and adding a
kedge anchor as an emergency backup.

Fair winds!
--Doug