[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Mon May 24 23:01:54 EDT 2004

will not happen,

I put them in the same class as a great gun that "jams" allot, which to me is not a gun to carry around.

A quick version of a story I told before, gale warning up, in a sandhole off port Jeff, about 12-18 boat riding it out, in the
morning about 12 of the on the beach, all danforths from what I saw. My Bruce held and I got the spade after that.

Practical Sailor. did some testing afew years ago, all the stereotypes came out. they as a class: set only on one point, did not dig
in, stayed flat sliding along the bottom, broke out when reset, the point would dig a line dragging under speed skipping along the
bottom.

The are great when carefully set and soft mud, they will even reset in softmud, any place else I have issues with them, my option.
a west anchor bag dose wonders to improve storage or a rubbermaid under the seats, with cheap clone of good anchor I would never pay
anything for the fortress,

MJM

PS I will be the first to agree I am stubn on this one, it a tool for a limited uses in my option, I have a danforth on the new boat
along with the spade and brue(claw)