[Rhodes22-list] Boat toys.

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 11:54:49 EDT 2004

Rummy, Good for your wife, she really is sentimental.  MY wife got me one
for christmas a couple years ago.  The speed function is a little erratic I
think a wheel would show you trends better but I share your feelings with
cockpit clutter.  I made a washboard to fit in the companion way and mounted
a compass on that and my GPS is velcro'ed next to it with a hole for the dc
plug.  I do a lot of night sailing and a compas comes in handy since you
cant see any telltaile or masthead fly.  I take the wind direction when
raising the main and then do the math to figure what point of sail I am on.
You would think you could just look at the waves but on our lake there can
be 20 degree difference between waves and wind (it is a pita sometimes).
The washboard gets removed when not needed and stored up in the vberth.  Bob
Weber