[Rhodes22-list] Boat toys.

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Tue May 25 15:30:20 EDT 2004

The best entertainment is the Jersey Shore.
More Money then Brains

people buy a 45 ft cruiser as their first boat. No knowledge, no skill but lots of throttle.

TOOOO many stories to tell. and sometimes people get hurt!!

Bob.... now sailing in Eastern Tennessee.

>>> R22RumRunner at aol.com 05/25/04 02:20PM >>>
Michael,
The light I'm talking about is on the front of the mast, not on the top. On
an inland lake, you want every possible light on because you have a greater
possibility of being seen. There are very few, if any people that know the
difference between a steaming light and an anchor light. I always sail with a spot
light at the helm so I can light up my sails when someone gets to
close.......and I use it a lot.
The stories I could tell of people with their first boat at the launch ramp
at the marina would fill a book. I sometimes go down their with a cooler and
just sit and watch the circus. Last Friday I actually saw a boat get launched
with a youngster in the boat, but no line going to the dock. The kid had to get
in the water and bring a line to the dock so the father could pull the boat in
to the dock so he and his wife could get aboard. Once on the boat, he fired
it up and took off at full throttle in the marina which is a slow, no wake
area. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen that happen.

Rummy