[Rhodes22-list] was Boat toys, now boating idiots

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Tue May 25 16:04:30 EDT 2004

Bob and Rummy,

About two weeks ago at Kerr Lake, at the start of the second Thistle class
race,  a guy comes motoring up in a giantic cigarette boat (remember: the
kind they used in the TV series "Miami Vice" for the ocean chases) kinda
dumb and happy throwing a huge wake coming down off a plane.  He just
stopped there right in the middle of the starting line and, when he realized
about a dozen Thistles were close-hauled heading straight for him about 100
feet downwind, leans over on the throttle hard!  He really looked scared.
Roaring off, wide open throttle, creating another giantic wake, he didn't
let off  until past the horizon.

It sure seemed this guy had no idea what was happening.  Unfortunately,
idiots are everywhere.

PT