[Rhodes22-list] bow/stern light problem

David Walker david.walker5 at comcast.net
Sun May 30 19:19:32 EDT 2004

My stern light stopped working one spring and I traced the wires and found
to my chagrin that they exit the stern through the fibreglass and enter the
vertical fitting that holds the starboard vertical of the stern rails.  The
wire goes through a hole in the fitting and a mating hole in the tube, then
proceeds up the inside of the tube to the "tee" with the horizaontal rail
and from there to the stern light.

I found that the previous fall when I replaced the setscrews holding the
vertical piece in the fitting, I had pulled it too far up by accident and
that action  had very neatly guillotined the wire - so be carefull
disassembling the stern rail assembly as replacing the wire was a royal
PITA.

Dave Walker