[Rhodes22-list] Politics -Cockroaches- a reply to Mark

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Oct 22 11:18:38 EDT 2004

Mark,
	First thing you find out is that there will always be more than
one-way to something and each way may be right.
	Years ago, while I baby sat a nuclear missile, they gave us
paperback books to read.  The radios were tuned to command channels and the
local TV stations went off the air at 11 pm.
	I was fortunate to have read a biography of two guys from Ohio.  Two
brothers named Orville and Wilbur.  You may have heard of them.  How many
times were they told that what they were trying to do would not work?  They
were only bicycle mechanics with high school educations.
	If they waited for the best, safest, etc. way of doing what they
were trying to do, they would have never flown.  The same analogy can be
demonstrated many times.
	If the Continental Congress waited for all the political options to
be tried, we would still be flying the Union Jack.
	In war, the outcome can never be accurately predicted.  In war,
certain methods have been successful.  The press ridiculed an American
General during WWII.  They said he was dangerous and took unnecessary
chances with his men.
	After the war, analysis showed that this tyrant's army suffered the
lowest casualty rate from all causes.  His men had the lowest frostbite of
any of the armies in the European theater.  This tyrant demanded that his
men get dry socks every day in battle.   Most importantly, the New York
Press hated him.  The media hated George Patton, he was too outspoken and
audacious.
	I am not saying that George Bush is as smart as George Patton, what
I am saying is that those who are successful do not always do everything to
everybody's agreement.  It is easy to sit here and find things that we think
are wrong or could have been done better.
	If we always waited for the best, safest way to do things nothing
would get done.  Orville or Wilbur could have been killed!
	I have read enough to know that the Islamist are not just regular
guys.  Again, see:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200410/13/doom.jpg
Now that Al-Zaquari(sp) has publicly endorsed Bin Laden, we know where his
interest lie, so much for no relationship to Al quada.
	I will take the dumb guy who has common sense to step on a cockroach
and not worry about cleaning up the mess.

Ed K