[Rhodes22-list] Blue Water Boats

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 08:48:37 EST 2005

Mark,

Ken left for China yesterday for three weeks.  When he
returns we're going to Orange Beach, AL to look at
some more hurricane damaged boats and then we need to
make a trip to the East Coast.  I bought my S2 in
Baltimore and was able to look at three in one day,
kind of hard to do in Tennessee.  The Gulf Coast is
about 5-6 days of motoring to my marina and an East
Coast boat could be moved on her own bottom to our
location given the time.  We are building a fixed
sling lift next to our building (a non-travel lift?)
and will only have to move any boat overland for about
5 miles from the nearest lift.  Calling Ken eccentric
would be unkind to eccentric people.  He can afford
anything he wants but wouldn't be happy unless he
"put lipstick on a pig".  I oversold him on the Island
Packet and now he wants to find another IP project
boat.  They're hard to find.  I think a late 70's or
early 80's "classic plastic" refitted and upgraded
would be his best ticket to paradise.

Brad

--- Mark Kaynor <mark at kaynor.org> wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Yep, we own a 1986 Type II Tayana 37
> (http://www.kaynor.org/rachel). She's a
> great boat. We've got a friend in Deltaville who's
> selling his (there are
> three of them on our dock)

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/cache/pl_search_results.jsp?sm=3&cit=

true&slim=quick&ybw=null&is=false&type=%28Sail%29+Cruiser&man=Tayana&hmid=0&

ftid=0&enid=0&fromLength=36&toLength=40&luom=126&fromYear=&toYear=&fromPrice

=&toPrice=&currencyid=100&city=&spid=145&startint=&ps=30

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units