[Rhodes22-list] The 1st Shoe Has Dropped

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 01:20:33 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Pihlaja" <cen09402 at centurytel.net>
To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] The 1st Shoe Has Dropped

> Ben,
>
> I think Broin picked the wrong candidate.  But, of course, I don't get to
> make that call.
>
> I checked with my professional references.  So far, MRI in Kansas City has
> interviewed my references.  But, Broin did not contact any of them.  How
> does the interview process go as far as it apparently did with Broin with
> no
> reference checks?  Now, I'm wondering if the outside job posting at
> Michigan
> Ethanol was even legitimate or just for show in order to satify legal
> requirements.  I'll probably never know the real answer.
>
> Roger Pihlaja
> S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Roger

Sh** happens, forget it.  I remember driving 2 1/2 days from Addis Abba to
Asmara in 1963 to sit an afternoon in the airport lounge with my big boss
who was flying from a visit to Aden back to Washington.  Over drinks I asked
him what made an engineer a success working in foreign countries.  His
formula was 20% engineering ability and 80% the ability to adapt to
circumstances.  He went on to tell me, as the Scotch continued to flow, that
he hired a guy and posted him some where in Asia.  Several months later, the
guy's security clearance finally came through and the four years he said he
had been in college was really spent doing time in some state pen.   And we
were all working for Uncle Sam at the time!

Lloyd
s/v Uhuru II